GET TO KNOW ABOUT SAN FRANCISCO
San Francisco, officially the City and County of San Francisco, is a cultural, commercial, and financial centre in the U.S. state of California. San Francisco is famous for its Golden Gate Bridge, steep streets, Alcatraz, and – you got it, dude! ...
During the Great Depression, not a single bank in San Francisco failed. In fact, business was so good that the city constructed the Golden Gate Bridge and the Oakland Bay Bridge during the Depression.
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Alcatraz Island
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Ride the Cable Cars
- Golden Gate Park
- Legion of Honor
- Palace of Fine Arts. Palace of Fine Arts
San Francisco's Most Popular Streets
- Lombard Street
- Castro Street
- Market Street
- Valencia Street
- Haight Street
- Divisadero Street
- Stay at Inn San Francisco
- Irish Coffee from Buena Vista Cafe
- Sourdough Bread from Boudin Sourdough
- Mission Burrito in the Mission District
- Seafood at Fisherman's Wharf
- Dim Sum in Chinatown
- Martini in North Beach
- Chocolate at Ghirardelli Square
- Ferry Building Marketplace
- Ghirardelli Square
- Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market
- Union Square
- Westfield San Francisco Centre
- What to buy: Local Olive Oil, Ghirardelli Chocolate, Muni T-Shirt, Coffee, Hats, Wine, Wallet, Cable Car Replica
Best time to travel to San Francisco
The best time to visit San Francisco is from September to November. Believe it or not, fall offers some of the city's warmest temperatures year-round, not to mention fewer crowds than summer. Spring is another good time to visit thanks to its mild temperatures and lack of rain (compared to other parts of California).
Set along the ocean, with rolling hills and the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the United States and the jewel of Northern California.
The city is full of history, great neighbourhoods, parks, beaches, museums, and a whole host of entertainment options and things to do.